10 Things Palestinians Do When It Rains
1. You stare at the window for a few minutes and sing Fairuz's "shaty ya dinye shaty."
2. Post a picture of your street view while it is raining, although no one can really see the rain except you.
3. You crave chestnuts!
4. Eat lentil soup of any kind.
5. Run and get your clothes from the hanger outside.
6. Marvel at the transformation of your neighborhood. Within hours it becomes overflowing with rivers and ponds (because of clogged drainage systems).
7. Get your candles ready because the electricity is bound to go out at least for a few hours.
8. Change your clothes and wrap yourself with a blanket and sit in front of the gas heater. You place your bread sandwich on the heater and claim you are too cold.
9. Buy a box of ras el-abed (chocolate coated marshmallow treats) and eat it.
10. Call all your relatives to see if they know it is raining.